Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Family Stories- international pen pal

Ok, we have done most of the requirements for the Family Stories belt loop. But one kept eluding me. The international pen pal from a heritage country. I knew I wanted Ireland but I couldn't find any Web pages that did it. The UK and Australia seemed to be the popular pen pal places for scouts.
After a week of looking at Web pages that didn't have anything to do with BSA or other scouts, I started to get discouraged.  Some sites wanted the pack to sign up too, not just 2 little lonesome tigers.
Then today it hit me. 
I found a way! 
I went online to search what the Irish scouts are called. Then I searched for what the tigers age group is called (beavers). Then I found their Facebook page. Yup, I sent out a post, which the Beavers posted on their feed for us. And it worked! They have the same requirement and are looking for international pen pals too! It was amazing how fast the responses were and how awesome the Beavers network is. 
So don't get discouraged! 
I just wish I thought of it sooner...
Hope this helps some Tigers out there. Remember, do your best and don't give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment