Thursday, April 6, 2017

Scout card with stats


OK, So I am the one in our Pack that does all the awards and crafty stuff for us.
After searching Pinterest, I found something that was like a pit pass for someones Pinewood Derby.
They made the frame and had each boy take pictures in it, then printed them.
So of course, I had to do that too but I knew I didn't have time to do everything 2 weeks before derby. So I made a stat card for each boy for Blue and Gold.
I made the frame out of black poster board.
Then I cut out some shapes and glues it on for the derby car, the tent, the boat and the fire. I even used some paint for the fire to make a little more real.

 The Pack # was in gold because it looked cool and they were getting these at Blue and Gold!
I glued on the year and the pack # permanently to the board, along with those designs of the car, boat and fire/tent.
The names were done with letters that were like sticky notes, so I was able to redo them over and over without messing up the frame. This is what I used:
And here is a link where you can buy them:
It made it personalized for each kid and they loved it.
Then, I just took the pics, printed them and glued them on to a thick scrapbook paper that I bought at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. I also found out info on each kid and put it on the back.
Like, what year did they join?
What is their fave food?
Fave scout activity?
Birthday?
Just basic stuff.
Then I laminated each card. I don't know how the other boys like them but I know my son loves his. I made 2 for each that way they can give one to their parents as a keep sake, or trade them like baseball cards. Here are some examples of the  cards. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment