Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Make a Castle out of Recycled Material

When I mentioned to my son that he had to make a castle out of recycled material, he wasn't all that enthused. Then I mentioned that he can use Daddy's gold spray paint for it and he wanted to make it right away.
We used a coffee box from Sam's as the base of the castle. He wanted a draw bridge that went up and down and some towers. Easy and simple design.

He was allowed to use his Daddy's drill to make the holes in our door to pull up the draw bridge. He was really excited about that!

Then he used a knife to cut out the door that he drew. Of course I helped and I had to keep showing him how to hold the knife. It was a good lesson on knife safety.

He got it open! Ok, for the towers I helped a little more by cutting the next box's corners out to fit the box. He helped a little bit on this by telling me what to do...lol

We used all glue to glue the towers on. I let him do it twice and I burned myself so I just did it so that he wouldn't get hurt. Then he got worker gloves on and did the rest..lol
Next we finished the dr bridge by putting string on it and running it to the back of the box. You had to pull the actual bridge down but you could pull the string to close quickly.

The golden castle is done by spray painting it gold. Next step was to bring it to the pack meeting. Everyone loved it and said how cool it was. They even asked him go on stage and talk about how he made it. I was excited because it is good practice for talking in front of a crowd and he did a great job!
He talked about how he made it and what tools he used. And he loved it! Hopefully this will help. Make sure to have fun with it and so will your scout.

If you would like to support James in his
Adventures, please click Here
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment